Address: 1 chemin de Feytit, 33500 Pomerol
Tel: +33 (0)5 57 25 51 27
Château Feytit-Clinet makes good value Pomerol. It was impressive in 2010 and 2012 and exceptional in 2015.
- 2015 Bold and deep; colour tight to rim; earthy, Cabernet Franc note; some perfume and oak influence; intense with layers; clean and clear; like this; clean and has finesse; nice tension on the palate; moreish and good balance. Nice length. Class. [90% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc, 6.3ha]. Tasted blind Grand Cercle 3/4/16. Drink 2020-2028. 91-93+
- 2014 Mid depth; some saturation; earthy; ballsy Pomerol; opens up to reveal satin and cake like aromatics; sexy; nice palate; open and forward but with depth; nicely integrated oak and attractive fruit. This will be forward, delicious Pomerol. Quite soft and almost drinking nicely now. Well done. Oak to resolve on the finish. All this should settle nicely though. [90% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc, 6.3ha]. Drink 2019-2028. Tasted Grand Cercle 29 March, 2015. 90-92+
- 2013 Deep and saturated looking; spicy, some depth; quite attractive; higher toned; fuller palate; some cream; plums and black cherry notes; some spicy freshness; not that bad in a fresh way; fresh and spicy. Some zap which makes it fresh. Not bad effort, though light. Drink 2018-2024. Tasted Cercle Rive Droite, March 30, 2014. 85-87
- 2012 Deep and saturated; red/purple edge; cleaner; little earthy note; smokey and lifted; quite attractive; layers on the palate with depth. Pretty serious and attractive. This should develop nicely. Espresso notes from the oak on the finish but plenty of fruit. Worked style but nicely done in this case. 88-90+ Tasted blind at the Cercle de Rive Droite, 7 April 2013
- 2011 Saturated; creamy nose with plums and some spices; feels fat if a little monolithic; palate big and broad; extracted too – dense and lacks enjoyment. Grip and dusty tannins. Not me. Tasted blind at the Cercle Rive Droite 1/4/12. 85-86 [Second] Thick, deep and saturated looking; very ripe sublimated style but with a vegetal streak; some bite and chew but green streak again. Extracted. Re-tasted at Cercle Rive Rroite 4/4/12. 84-86?
- 2010 Deep and dark; tight to the rim; plums and very ripe; very seductive palate; ‘hedonistic’ to use a Parkerism; nice palate; really unctuous. Very attractive wine but also has some good grip. Good length too. 90-92+/100 Tasted 6 April Le Cercle Rive Droite