Lots of depth and fruit on offer here in Certan de May, this well-known Pomerol estate. Part of the JP Moueix stable. More details here soon.
- 2015 Mid depth; earthy red at edge; ripe fruit; satin quality to the nose; sweetness; sweet strawberry notes; kirsch; nice pretty fruit with perfume; oak nicely integrating; attractive and moreish; nicely vibrant; nice sap and life here; zip and zing on the finish. Plenty of depth too. [80% Merlot, 16% Cabernet Franc, 4% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5.5ha]. Tasted JP Moueix 6/4/16. Drink 2020-2030. 90-92+
- 2014 Deeply coloured; opaque core; earthy purple at edge; perfume and violet fruit; vibrant and scented; ripe plums and blueberries; spices; nice delicacy; more oaked feel; more noticeable oak; but nice plummy scented fruit beneath; savoury edge; pretty fruit; black cherry and plum; deep; little spice; full and fruity; more oak influenced palate; little taughter and the fruit has absorbed more oak [or it doesn’t quite have the silkiness of Hosanna]; gutsy style; but lots of caressing fruit having said that; sappy finish with extract and matter and a little oak that needs to settle. Drink 2020-2030. Tasted JP Moueix 1 April, 2015. 91-93+
- 2013 Mid depth; vibrant purple at edge; spicy, inky menthol notes – not unattractive; some violet perfume too; sweet entry, sappy and vibrant; lively acidity; sappy and fresh. Drink 2018-2028. Tasted Cercle Rive Droite, March 30, 2014. 87-89
- 2012 Deep and dense; vibrant edge; earthy edge; some tobacco and spicy plum; good palate, earthy, chewy; lots of guts and some complexity; good acid and zap again; nice chew and density here. Not overdone either. 90% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc. 91-93+ [JP Moueix, Libourne, Weds April, 10, 2013]
- 2011 Deep and dense; intense, inky nose; plums and spice and redcurrant notes; also some new oak lift; some violet perfume too; very polished wine; again violets, black cherry and plum notes on the palate; plus real zip. Good bite on the finish. Tasted at JP Moueix 4/4/12. 91-93+