Address: BP9 33501 Libourne Cedex
Tel: +33 (0)5 57 25 50 45
Château Taillefer produces traditional-styled wine with the emphasis on fresh acidity and fruit flavours and good structure. The best examples are frequently in the better years like 2010, 2011 and 2012. 2013 was disappointing when tasted during primeurs.
- 2015 Deep-ish; pretty and some floral perfume; quite enticing; ripe and full; attractive fruit and emphasis on this; quite spicy; needs to fill out a little during elévage but has nice finesse. [85% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc, 12ha]. Tasted blind Grand Cercle 3/4/16. Drink 2019-2028. 86-88+
- 2014 Mid depth; little dumb; extract on the nose; hard palate; chewy and lacking in generosity. Lean Pomerol, may come through. Dry finish. [85% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc, 12ha]. Tasted Grand Cercle 29 March, 2015. Drink 2019-2024. 83-85
- 2013 Mid depth; earth purple [bit diffuse]; some honey; little VA; little vegetal streak too…very acidic almost white wine on the palate. Dry and puckering finish. Drink 2016-2023. Tasted Cercle Rive Droite, March 30, 2014. Drink 2018-2024. 78-80?
- 2012 Deep colour; perfumed lift with vibrant, plummy fruit beneath; spicy; fresh and appetizing palate with some grip and savour. Grippy finish. Should come good if a little lean maybe. 87-89 Tasted blind at the Cercle de Rive Droite, 7 April 2013
- 2011 Mid depth; some purple; again quite fresh, some spices and undergrowth notes; plum and cherry too; vibrant and high toned; not unattractive; some oak here but nicely in check; mocha tones too; integrated feel, not disjointed as the last few; palate good; fresh blackcurrant notes, plums and nicely polished. Highish acid but fresh Bordeaux. Tasted blind at the Cercle Rive Droite 1/4/12. 87-88+
- 2010 Deep in the glass; legs; sweet, ripe and attractive nose; attractive wine with some Cabernet Franc notes; good palate, really succulent and sweet; ripe fruit but with grip here; good wine. [75% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Franc alc 14%] 89-91+/100 Tasted 6 April Le Cercle Rive Droite