Château Lafleur-Gazin is a vibrant, juicy Pomerol from the JP Moueix stable. Usually good value too.
- 2015 Mid depth; red at edge; lovely seductive red; nice lift; sweet plums; ripe; nice entry; harmonious; some stalky notes; real satin quality to the fruit – delicacy. This has some genuine sophistication and style. Has length on the back. Little dryness which will fill in. [98% Merlot, 2% Cabernet Franc, 8.75ha]. 90-92+
- 2014 Deep and attractive; dark at centre; fresh sappy and vibrant fruit; full; ripe cherry; plummy freshness; brighter fruit; bit of black pepper spice at the edge; full and lively on the nose; sweet ripe; vibrant juicy entry; so pretty and more-ish; delicious now almost; such lightness of touch; vibrant and fresh but with plenty of sweet fruit. This is a beautiful vintage with the balance between the juicy fruit and the freshness; but also the bounce here. Lively zap on the finish. Great stuff. 2020-2030. Tasted JP Moueix 1 April, 2015. 90-92+
- 2013 Light red; purple at rim; spices and plums with stalky tones; fruit highlights are pretty; sweet-sour cherry tones; sappy palate with some chew and bite on the finish. Positive twist at the end. Drink 2018-2024. Tasted JP Moueix April 2, 2014. 86-88
- 2012 Deep and saturated look but vivid and vibrant purple at the edge; more mineral tones, some spice and perfume [again]; vibrant, spicy nose; attractive palate with lots of perfume; vivacious and lively; lots of fruit and bounce here; nice acid on the end. Sap here. Lively and pretty long finish. Nice zap. 90% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc. 90-92+ [JP Moueix, Libourne, Weds April, 10, 2013]
- 2011 Deep, dark centre; purple edge; legs; fresh, sour cherry, plum, some spice; blue fruits; nice and appetizing; perfumed; good depth and attractive fruit on the palate; nice balance; real race and vibrancy here; nice acid. Chewy and sappy. Vibrant wine. Tasted at JP Moueix 4/4/12. 89-91+