Address: 33500 Pomerol
Telephone: +33 (0)5 57 51 78 96
Part of the JP Moueix empire, Château La Fleur-Pétrus borders Pétrus itself. Remarkable Pomerol. Wonderful vibrancy, purity and elegance here.
Vineyard/Terroir: 13 hectares planted with 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc.
Winemaking/Elévage: Temperature controlled fermentation with twenty months ageing in French oak, one third new each year.
- 2015 Mid red; good depth; fresh; plum and cherries on the aromatics; sweet and deliciously ripe; freshness; creamy palate; nice and attractive texture; good body and nice balance; very moreish; not supercharged but digestible. Chocolate and mocha notes on the finish but also quite a bit of zip at the end. Fresh and nimble Le Fleur-Pétrus with terrific balance. [92% Merlot, 7.5% Cabernet Franc, 0.5% Petit Verdot, 18.7ha]. Drink 2020-2040. 95-97+
- 2014 Mid depth; dark at centre; tight to edge; earthy red/purple; ripe seductive aromatics; beautiful and delicate; lovely stone fruit; fresh plums and spices; violet scents too; very caressing attack; supple and harmonious; wonderful balance; sap and vibrancy on the finish but plenty in here; 10/10 on the digestibility index. Nice length. Fresh and vibrant finish with considerable length and zap. Drink 2020-2033. Tasted JP Moueix 1 April, 2015. 94-96
- 2013 Deeper colour; fresh and healthy looking; attractive spicy blackfruits; deeper and more lifted but still very pure; not at all over-cooked; sweet entry, nice spicy plum characters; quite bouncy style with good sap and grip; Sappy and refreshing. Drink 2018-2030. Tasted JP Moueix, April 2, 2014. 89-91+
- 2012 Deep and dark at the centre; vibrant edge; lots of black fruits on the nose; black cherry, plums even cassis tones; perfumed; creamy palate and lots of layers; plums, spices, black cherry; very nice tension and balance on the palate; some mineral tones too. Very long in the mouth. Good acid and impeccable balance. 95% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc. 94-96 [JP Moueix, Libourne, Weds April, 10, 2013]
- 2011 Deep and concentrated; fresh and wonderfully vibrant nose; blackcurrant, cherry, some earth; violets; purity and honesty here; pure fruit and violets; zip and zest; plums and harmony; nice balance; acid helps; excellent length. Tasted at JP Moueix 4/4/12. 92-94+ April 2012
- 2010 Deep and saturated colour; very open and vivid aromatically; vibrant palate with life but also nice flesh; substance and structure; quite sturdy and actually needs more time; excellent if less immediately delicious than the 2009. Give it five years. 2020-2035. 95 MW Institute Nov ’14.
- 2009 Deep and concentrated; healthy looking; spices, black fruits, plums and some undergrowth; very more-ish; more delicacy on the palate here and a very attractive balance between the fruit and the freshness which gives wonderful tension; great length. This is a great wine with such harmony, freshness and balance. Drink 2015 – 2030. 96+ MW Institute Nov ’13
- 1994 Dark; deep in colour; seductive and rich; palate good with tannin, nice extract. Fine. 92/100 Assemblage tasted at Chateau Petrus Oct ‘95