Address: 33340 St Christoly de Médoc FRANCE
Contact: 0033 (0)5 56 41 53 03
Château Tour St Bonnet is a full-bodied and gutsy Médoc. In hot vintages such as 2009, 2005 and 2003 the wines have great blackcurrant fruit and ripe tannins and provide real enjoyment.
Vineyard/Terrior: 40 hectare vineyard planted with 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot, 5% Malbec and 5% Petit Verdot.
Winemaking/Elévage: Aged for 18 months in large oak foudres.
- 2013 Mid depth; fresh; some stalky blackcurrant and Cabernet notes; bubblegum; wet rocks; sappy palate but fresh and vigorous. Tasted Cru Bourgeois event at Chateau d’Arsac 3/4/14. Drink 2016-2023. 83-85
- 2010 Deep and saturated; ripe lift and density; palate rich and softer in attack than you’d expect; layers and richness here; very good effort and quite pure; good and will fill out further I expect. 85-87+/100 Tasted L’Alliance des Crus Bourgeois 5 April 2011
- 2005 Deep red; legs; tar and blackcurrants with earth and a slightly walnut note here too [is this from the ageing in foudres here rather than barrels I wonder?]; palate chewy with ripe fruit and ripe tannins; good honest Médoc that really delivers flavour at a great price. 2005 is up there with their really impressive 2003. 87/100 Tasted June 2010
- 2003 Mid red; lovely earthy blackcurrant nose; strong and powerful Médoc; solid ripe palate with excellent structure and blackcurrant fruit. Enjoyable now but should improve further. Very good 87/100 July ’09
- 2000 Mid red; some depth but translucent; some blackcurrant and herbs with tomato plant; palate a bit on the weedy side and lacks ‘middle’. Disappointing considering the vintage, considering the quality of wines here in 2003 and 2005 and considering I bought a case of the stuff. Hopefully may come round in time. 82?/100 Jan ‘09