Address: 18 Avenue Georges Pompidou
Telephone: +33 (0)5 57 51 31 36
Château Fayat is a well-made Pomerol that is a good buy in great years like 2009, 2010 and 2012. Really worth considering.
- 2014 Deep and saturated look; very opaque at centre; nice purity of fruit; plum; depth; attractive purity; this looks good; very classy aromatics; full but focused palate; red fruits; some wood; bit of toast; ripe and attractive. Little bit of fruit and oak to integrate on the finish [little woody]. Soft and not over extracted. [80% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc, 16ha]. Drink 2019-2027. Tasted Grand Cercle 29 March, 2015. 89-91+
- 2013 Deep and saturated; very black and tight to the rim; thickish but bit stewed aromatically; some wood; disjointed now potentially will meld; grippy fruit with acid; pretty lean; dry but fruit just carries through…still it’s lean and austere. Drink 2018-2024. Tasted Cercle Rive Droite, March 30, 2014. 83-86
- 2012 Deep and saturated looking; colour tight to the edge; tighter, denser and more serious on the nose; plums, spices some espresso notes; very good and attractive aromas with complexity; lots of sweet fruit on the palate and real depth. Lots and lots of sweet fruit here. Nicely balanced extraction; lots of plummy flavours and style. Attractive stuff! 90-92 Tasted blind at the Cercle de Rive Droite, 7th April 2013
- 2011 Deep saturated colour; nice fruit, some plums and sour cherry on the nose; some depth; little attenuated; grippy. Fresh, and should fill out. Tasted blind at the Cercle Rive Droite 1/4/12. 85-87 [Second] Deep and saturated; earthy fruit quality; spoices; higher tone notes, good; palate sweet and ripe; some jam; better than first sample. Goodish. Re-tasted at Cercle Rive Droite 4/4/12. 86-87+
- 2010 Deep, dark and saturated; some cream, some lift; plums and damsons; layers to the palate; nicely done here; attractive palate; lush with density. Good palate and grip. Very positive wine. 89-91+/100 4 April Le Cercle Rive Droite